Gems and Jewellery industry in Pakistan is an emerging sector with immense potential for business growth. Having blessed with a diversity of Gemstones, and being one of the major consumers of gold in the world, supported by low labor costs and highly skilled workers, Pakistani Gems and Jewellery trade holds great potential to attract investment in the sector.
The major areas where opportunities for investment exist are Gemstone Mining, Lapidaries, Jewellery Manufacturing, Trading and Exports.
- Vast gemstone deposits
- Skilled human resource and Craftsmanship
- Across-the-value-chain facilitation from PGJDC
- Investment-friendly policies
- Export Processing Zones (EPZs)
- Large and Fast growing domestic markets
- well-established infrastructure and regulatory framework
- Equitable fiscal regime
- Strategic location
Major associations of Miners, traders, processors and exporters dealing in Gems and Jewellery are:
All Pakistan Gem Merchants and Jewellers Association (APGMJA),
- First Floor, Gems &Jewellery Trade Centre, Blenkin Street, Near Zaib-un-Nisa Street, Saddar,Karachi.
All Pakistan Commercial Exporters Association (APCEA)
- Suite No.1, Second Floor, Al-Jalil Market, NamakMandi, Peshawar.
Pakistan Gemstone & Mineral Association GilgitBaltistan
- B-113, Dar Plaza, Nabi Bazar, Gilgit, Baltistan. Tel: 0300-9893205