While realizing its vision for the expansion of Gems and Jewellery Industry and to improve its aggressiveness at international level through Facilitation, Technology Up-gradation, Skill Development and Marketing/Branding, PGJDC has established the following projects:
- Seven (7) Gems &Jewellery Training and Manufacturing Centers (GJTMCs) at Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta, Gilgit, Sargodha and Muzaffarabad, AJK
- Seven (7) Gemstones Identification Laboratories at Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta, Gilgit, Sargodha and Muzaffarabad, AJK
- Two (2) Gem Exchange Centers at Peshawar and Quetta to promote trade under one roof and establishing B2B and B2C linkages.
- Two Assaying and Hallmarking centers at Karachi and Lahore to ensure customer protection, enhance exports through quality assurance of precious metals and promote genuine businesses.
In addition to establishing above projects, following achievements have been made by the Company since its inception:
Conducted 770 training programs & trained 10,800 students in Mining Techniques, Gem Cutting and Gem Faceting, Gem Identification, Jewellery Designing.
- 18 faculty members were trained as Master Trainers in the fields of Gemology, Gems Processing, Jewellery Designing and Jewellery Manufacturing.
- 2 professionals of Assaying and Hallmarking centres of PGJDC received training from Goldsmiths Company Assay Office London and they have implemented the same model at Assaying and Hallmarking Centres Karachi and Lahore.
- Introduced CAD/CAM (Rapid Prototype Machine) facility and training for the first time in Pakistan to revolutionize jewellery designing and manufacturing by reducing production time and improve quality of finished products.
- Facilitated 339 Private Sector gems &jewellery companies’ participation in 30 international Shows under the brand name in Thailand, Hong Kong, Germany, India, Turkey, USA and Dubai, generating export orders worth millions of dollars.
- Facilitated 1510 gemstone traders/companies by organizing 37 Gem Exhibitions in major cities of Pakistan.
- Developed Pakistan’s First Gems and Jewellery E-Commerce Portal for projection of Pakistani products in International markets (b2b.pgjdc.org).
- Developed Database of 40,000 Gems and jewellery enterprises across Pakistan from mine to market
- Developed Pre-feasibility studies and training tutorial videos in the following areas for facilitation of the sector so that new entrants can establish their own businesses and the sector could expand their already existing businesses:
||Gemstone Identification Laboratory.
||Jewellery Polishing Unit.
||Bead making Unit.
||Jewellery Casting Unit.
||Gemstone Carving Unit.
||Soft Wax Jewellery Pattern Making.
||Computer Aided Jewellery Designing.
||Bead and Wire Jewellery making.
||Jewellery Electroplating Unit.
||Small Scale Gemstone Mining